|The is responsible for facilitating and participating on improvement teams in support of Biogen Idecs Operational Excellence Strategy, primarily within the Pharmaceutical Operations & Technology group (PO&T;). The teams are comprised of all levels of employees from within the Cambridge site, as well as across sites depending on the scope of the improvement project.||
Submit your resume:
- Facilitate and participate in continuous improvement teams in support of Operational Excellence.
- Communicate and collaborate with other areas/sites to ensure continuous improvement ideas that are beneficial to them are communicated.
- Interact with all levels of employees to drive teamwork and act as a change agent to imbed a culture of innovation and improvement.
- Provide standard updates/reports to management on continuous improvement projects progress and impact.
- Provide direct facilitation, coaching and training to the project teams on the use of improvement methodologies and tools.
- Monitor process performance using metrics/graphics in order to verify improvement projects impact and sustained results.
- Assist in identification and selection of improvement projects and recommend team membership.
- Support others in the organization in need of technical expertise with their improvement efforts.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the quality improvement field.
- Proven track record of driving successful improvement projects to completion.
- Ability to teach and facilitate the fundamental skills of improvement projects (LEAN, Problem Solving, Six Sigma (DMAIC, DFSS), Meetings, Change, etc.).
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, listening and written).
- Proven ability to analyze and organize team output and effectively communicate the results.
- Strong leadership, quality improvement and project management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and influence change.
- Self-motivated to achieve results under minimal supervision and/or during high-visibility projects.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of cGXP.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes and JMP and/or Minitab software.
- Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology industry experience.
- Lean Manufacturing Certification or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science/Quality/Engineering or Education or a related field, Advanced degree preferred.
Biogen Idec is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.