Developing and maintaining the global commercial strategy for select clinical and preclinical stage programs. Depending on a product’s stage of development, this can include responsibility for pre-marketing activities, including developing relationships with potential key customers, developing product positioning, and publication planning. Advanced programs require creating lifecycle plans.
Working with program team members including physicians and scientists to ensure that all product development activities including the preclinical, clinical development plans and physical product development are aligned with the commercial strategy.
Evaluating global commercial viability of select products in our pipeline and business development opportunities, and enhancing decision-making about the advancement of pipeline products.
Contributing to the overall capability of New Product Commercialization by improving processes and analytical tools.
Leading the process of transferring pipeline products to commercial marketing as they enter late stage development.
- Experience operating at the level of senior executives with a high degree of credibility.
- Excellent analytical capabilities. In particular, strong experience with market research tools and techniques.
- Excellent strategic capabilities – able to step back from detailed analyses to form strategic choices and recommendations.
- Able to create and execute comprehensive commercialization plans.
- Highly self-motivated, confident, high-energy individual.
- Excellent presentation skills/communication(written/verbal/presentation).
- Ability to balance multiple projects.
- Ability to lead and follow (as needed) role on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to mentor and assist in the development of junior staff.
- At least 5 years experience in product marketing in pharmaceutical or related industry; significant involvement in at least one product launch desired.
- At least 8 years experience in pharmaceutical or closely related industry – may include sales, marketing, strategic planning or pharmaceutical consulting.
- Subject matter expertise in neurological or immunological diseases would be very valuable.
- Several years in role which demonstrates strong strategic thinking and analytical skills (e.g., pharma consulting).
- Education: MBA. Technical background and understanding of basic science concepts (advanced biology, medicine-related degree) a plus.